Sunday 1 November 2009

Asset time vs Liability time

Those who have read Rich dad poor dad or the cashflow quadrant will know about Assets and Liabilities.
http://astore.amazon.co.uk/richdad-21

Asset - something that actually earns you money.
Liability - something that costs you money.

I like to think of my time and how I spend it. Notice the word "spend" - time is money they say.
I like to categorise my use of time in 2 ways.

You can either spend your time improving yourself or working on your business (asset time). This ultimately generates you money.
or
You can spend time as a liability, i.e. watching TV, sitting in traffic, doing nothing. This ultimately loses the opportunity to increase your potential or earnings.

I like to try and maximise my asset time and minimise my liability time. This helps me with the previous step in that it helps me to decide what's a good use of my time.

Next blog post we'll have a look at how much time you have in a lifetime and what can be acheives with a little planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment