Wednesday 4 November 2009

Why having a family (or a dog) is so good for your financial future

I've just been focusing seriously on my diary for the next 4 months.
So, now I know what I will be doing until Feb 2009 and this led me to remember what my wife Sue had said to me when we were about to have our first child, Herb, 8 years ago.

"for the next 18 years you'll be responsible for knowing where he is every day and night"

Ok, that's a great responsibility. 8 years later we've moved to a larger house and started several businesses which have helped fund our homebuilding.

Now after looking at my diary I have a few questions for you.

Do you know where you will be every day and night for the next 18 years?
What will you be doing that is Asset time and what will be Liability time?

Here's why I think having a family is good for your financial future.

1. Network (you meet so many people at the school gate, parties, clubs etc.)
2. Planning (you have to be in at certain times, so this gives you time to plan)
3. Knowing where you'll be for the next 18 years.
4. Demand for bigger (kennel, more bedrooms, bigger house) helps you to drive forward
5. Time (you can't afford to go out so use your home and time as assets)

Anyway have a look at my ever growing calendar at my meetup group.
http://www.meetup.com/letsevolve/calendar/
How can you use your time to help build your dream?
kind wishes
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment